Bruno Mars Once Threw A Towel At Japanese Fans Because They Wouldn’t Stop Taking Selfies At His Concert
Bruno Mars threw a towel towards Japanese actor and model Moeka Nozaki after she wouldn’t stop taking selfies during his performances.
The American artist performed four shows at Japan’s Saitama Super Arena back in April 2018 for his “24k Diamond” tour.
Moeka Nozaki was in the front row of the VIP section, but she had been taking selfies non-stop throughout the show
Although Bruno Mars asked her in English a few times to stop, the message seemed to have been lost in translation.
Bruno Mars reportedly explained that he felt Moeka Nozaki was ignoring and disrespecting the band and other audience members by turning her back towards the stage to take selfies instead of enjoying the show.
Bruno Mars tried using body language, motioning her to put her phone down.
But got so irritated when he was blatantly ignored that he threw the towel at the actress.
But Moeka Nozaki misunderstood the gesture, thinking it was a gift from the singer. She even bragged about it on Instagram, although it was later taken down.
International netizens are weighing in on the situation and criticizing the actress for her behavior.
— bluemoon mars (@bruemoon_mars) April 17, 2018
“How many tens of thousands of genuine Bruno Mars fans do you think there are behind you? What are you doing while we’re showing our joy and gratitude? You’re in the very front row. You’re in his line of sight. Because of your actions the country’s image takes a dive. More than anything, Mars himself had been telling you to stop.”
I hope u apologize to Bruno Mars and his fans IMMEDIATELY. U made a huge mistake but now u r trying to run away.Seriously its most disrespectful!
I dont understand how could u look away from him. If I were u I wouldnt take my eyes off from him!Why did u do such a thing. so rude!
— マヨおにぎり (@hamadi36363) April 19, 2018
Hi, im japanese girl.
I am terribly sorry about the last concert in japan.
However, please understand NOT ALL Japanese people are rude.
Plz dont hate japan.
I love you. #sorrybruno #SorryBrunoFromJapan
— きゅん (@arianam00d) April 22, 2018
- F*ck.. The ticket must be really expensive, why did they waste their money like that…
- They thought the towel that Bruno threw to them was a gift and even felt ‘honored’ to receive it?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Proof that their brains are empty…
- But still, I don’t understand was it really necessary for him to throw the towel? He should’ve just stopped the concert to give them a lesson…
- Bruno Mars is well-known for his good manners, though… Just imagine how upset and annoyed he was ㅋㅋ I’ve watched the video and I can totally understand why he felt so…
- Seems like they have nothing inside their heads.. How could they think that towel Bruno threw to them was a gift? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- Wow…ㅋㅋㅋㅋ So f*cking stupid…ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
- I’d be pretty peeved too if some girls in the front row of my concert kept taking selfies instead of watching. It’s like with people who film concerts through their phones and have their eyes on the screen at all times. Why pay a shit ton of money to look at your phone screen for two hours when the artists are right there?
It’s well known among Bruno Mars fans that he continuously tells the audience to put their phone down and simply enjoy the show.
It is our duty to get ya’ll moving, get ya’ll dancing. You can’t really do that when they filming the show, can you? Put your damn phones down! Have a good time!
— Bruno Mars
And it appears that’s exactly what he wanted Moeka Nozaki to do during his concert over the weekend.
Watch the full clips below: