IU Dressed As An Office Worker To Promote LILAC And Fans Found Her Messy Presentation Adorable
For a video on her official YouTube channel, IU dressed up as office worker “Lee Ji Dong” to present the concept for her upcoming album LILAC–with a very flashy presentation.
The presentation was bright and colourful, with large text making it hard to read. However, “Lee Ji Dong” had a good reason as to why she set it up like that: “Since she mentioned her intention to make a very flamboyant album, I tried to convey the flamboyant colors that IU aspires in the first screen of this PPT [presentation].”
At one point, however, even she was having trouble reading it, making the staff watching burst out laughing.
The final slide of her presentation featured Bonobono, a character from a manga series of the same name. When she was done, the staff commended her, saying she had prepared a lot, to which she replied, “In college, I used to be in charge of PPT for group assignments. I could knock one out in no time.”
Her colorful yet messy presentation endeared her fans: many of them found it adorable, leaving comments calling it cute and praising her.
- “Lee Jigeum is so damn hip…” (Lee Jigeum is IU’s nickname)
- “I think it’s just a concept. Who would actually make slides like that unless they were a choding” (slang for someone childish).
- “No… Those don’t look like slides made by someone who’s bad at powerpoint but rather a powerpoint expert who’s trying to hide her skills to the bosses… (source: was making my own powerpoint slides just now)”
- “So damn.. cute”
- “Honestly, I wouldn’t care as long as IU was on my team ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ㅠㅠㅜ”
- “Um.. Lee Jieun-ssi… something’s looking a bit weird in these…”
- “It’s IU, I’ll carry the group project. All she has to do is just sit in the chair and that’d be enough honor for me ㅋㅋㅋ”
- “Bonobono saying ‘thank you’ in her last slide ㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “No, you can tell there’s some thought behind her design process.”
You can watch “Lee Ji Dong” give her presentation in the video below!