IU Released Her 5th Full-Length Album “LILAC” And Fans Are Loving It
IU released her new album, LILAC, earlier today!
The title track, “LILAC,” documents the 29-year old (Korean age) singer’s transition from her 20s to her 30s. It’s her 5th full-length album, the last one having been Palette, released in 2017.
In the music video for “LILAC,” she catches a train and celebrates her twenties, reminiscing on the good times she’s had, before disembarking.
Fans are absolutely loving the album and the video, praising her lyrics and her acting. Here are some comments left by netizens on an online discussion forum!
- The song is so good
- Why is she so good at writing lyrics ㅠㅠ
- It’s seriously so freaking good ㅠㅠㅠㅠ
- It’s seriously so good. It kinda feels like a dream
- Jieun-ah ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ the song is so good
- Freaking pretty… she’s so good at acting
- When listening to it, she started singing the lyrics to Good Day and it was so sadㅜㅜ time flies ㅠㅠ
- Her acting in the MV was good
- Please listen to all 10 songsㅠㅠㅠ the side tracks’ quality is insane
Fans are also expressing their love and support via Twitter!
LILAC isn't just an album. It’s a cultural reset, it’s the oxygen you breathe, it’s a lifestyle, a reason to breathe, an escape from this cruel world, it’s art, the first gift you open on christmas, a hug from a loved one, everything you’ve ever wanted pic.twitter.com/fubrtwTw0D
— lessie❀ IU⁵ (@myseajieun) March 25, 2021
The sadness she felt when the 20's train left her on the platform. Her smile at the end when she realized she will embark on new adventures in her 30's train. ????????????????????
6 MINS WTFFFF#IU #아이유 #LILAC #LILACHasBloomed#라일락_6시_개화
— Lulla_masen25 – starcandy???????????????? (@lullamasenxxi) March 25, 2021
You can check out IU’s amazing acting for yourself in the video below.