Korean Netizens Reveal Their Thoughts About Red Velvet As A Four Membered Group Without Irene
Ever since Red Velvet Irene‘s controversy for her past behavior, online communities have been pushed into a dilemma regarding her presence in the group. Recently, Korean netizens have been supporting a 4-member Red Velvet, calling for her exit. A popular post on an online community explains that the 4 remaining members get along best without Irene.
Seulgi and Wendy are known for being extremely close. Wendy even gifted Seulgi with a “Forever Friends Certificate” once.
Joy is also known to look out for Wendy, often coming in to her live broadcasts to leave encouraging comments. Even before Wendy’s accident, Joy was seen telling Wendy to take care of herself.
- “I love you, Wendy”
- “Your throat will get hurt.”
- “I’ll get mad if you get hurt.”
- “I need unnie.”
The girls also constantly baby the maknae, Yeri.
Joy also constantly confesses her love for her members, such as when she left a comment saying “Seulgi unnie, I love you” on a picture of them together.
Wendy also made sure to snap a quick photo of Yeri’s promotional poster in a makeup store and send it to her.
Netizens are encouraging a 4-member team without Irene, furthered by an account that Irene did not visit Wendy at the hospital following her accident.
- “Seungwan is doing well. On the day of the Gayo Festival, Seulgi, Yerim and Sooyoung came to the hospital and watched the festival together.”
- “On that live stream day, everyone came but Irene.”
- “Joy only presses like on all of Wendy’s photos.”
- “Sigh. The kids update Instagram daily but recently they haven’t been able to.”
- “But I hope SM doesn’t cast Red Velvet aside just because they’re coming out with a rookie girl group. I don’t think they’ll make Irene quit but fans would want to see Red Velvet promote as a group even though they have many solo promotions… Of course, they will invest the most in their rookies but still…I hope Red Velvet officially has a comeback.”
- “Joy is so lovely. I don’t see why she had those weird rumors.”
- “I’m from a different fandom but I feel like crying. For real, the other 4 are really kind. If Irene has a sensitive personality regularly, the other 4 would have suffered. They have so many good members that it would be a pity if the group collapsed due to one person. Have strength, fans. The 4 will do well.”
Not only are fans supporting the close-knit relationship of the remaining 4 members, Irene’s past behavior to her members have also been highlighted again. Allegedly, Irene was affected when Wendy was waving with the hand closer to her, while she did not notice or apologize for bumping into Joy.
After the first incident, Wendy made sure to wave with the hand further from Irene.
Fans were angered at the way Irene seemed to smirk after registering Wendy’s actions.
SM Entertainment has not yet expressed their official stance on the group. Irene has also since apologized for her past actions.