16 Of The Funniest And Most Random Lyrics In K-Pop Songs That Will Always Confuse Fans
Pretty much every K-Pop fan knows at least one song in the music genre that has a lyric that seems a little (or a lot) out of place, unintentionally funny, or just downright ridiculous!
Of course, K-Pop songs can also be incredibly deep, moving, and serious, so this isn’t to claim that there aren’t songs in the genre like that as well! But recently, fans of K-Pop created a list of lyrics on Reddit that they find to be particularly random and hilarious.
Here are 16 of the lyrics that were mentioned, along with the lyric videos for each with the start time placed at where the lines start!
1. “Just close your lips, shut your tongue.”
How many people attempted to “shut their tongue” after hearing these lyrics by Shindong in Super Junior‘s “Mamacita”?
2. “Shawty Imma party ’til the sun down.”
You can’t deny that this line from Sehun in EXO‘s “Love Me Right” is iconic.
3. “Don’t deny our r²π.”
The explanation for these lyrics from U-KISS‘s “0330” — which AJ said is supposed to represent the “hidden circle” that they and the listener are in — doesn’t change how out of place the line still seems!
4. This entire verse from JYJ’s “Mission”.
“Probably your money is unpublic
Try to save my life like a puppy and cream
Another hot movie character
Bumblebee treat me like a slave and I pray
Is it Halloween
Trick or treats oh please
Don’t even try to pull my head own your way
Brand new person a man
So f*** off no more talk.”
Can anyone really make sense of these lyrics?
5. “Hot dog feel like I wear goose goose.”
NCT‘s lyrics often have some pretty interesting lines in them, but this one by Taeyong in “Boss” is particularly unexplainable!
6. “He’s so dreamy, hot, and creamy.”
Ummm… He’s so what, exactly? HELLOVENUS has some explaining to do for this line in “Mysterious”!
7. “I need therapy, la la la la la therapy.”
Even though this line seems kind of out of place in VIXX‘s “On and On”… Relatable?
8. “Love is even more cruel than college entrance exams.”
We’re not sure what love did to the girls of LOONA to give them this line in “Hi High”, but it clearly was terrible!
9. “I be walkin’ with the cheese, that’s the queso.”
The songwriters for the English version of NCT 127‘s “Regular” definitely got creative with some of its lyrics!
10. “Pizza and pasta are so yum yum.”
Well, most people can probably agree with this statement, but what was it doing in a song like “Everyday” by WINNER?
11. “He’s like a cushion, like a waterbed.”
Um, again… He’s what, exactly? SONAMOO has some explaining to do this time for their song “Cushion”!
12. “Really wanna touch myself.”
Were the guys of TVXQ doing okay when they had this included in “Purple Line”?
13. “If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands, yo.”
We can’t help but put multiple NCT songs like “Cherry Bomb” on this list, their lines are just too good!
14. “Hold up (yeah), I’m a geek, the big paradox.”
Despite how little sense this line from Dreamcatcher‘s “BOCA” seems to make, Dami still somehow made it sound convincing!
15. “That’s right, you look in my eyes/Straight into my eyes and just say/’I want you, eat me like a main dish’.”
There’s something still kind of sensual about this line from MONSTA X‘s “Love Killa”, but at the same time… It’s still a little questionable!
16. “B*tch I’m a star, but no Patrick.”
And finally, a list like this wouldn’t be complete without Lisa‘s iconic line from BLACKPINK‘s “DDU-DU DDU-DU”.