[Recap] KissAsian Weekly Roundup – July Week 3
All the important Korean Entertainment news from this week in one place: This is your Weekly Soompi Roundup!
- The Ministry of Defense has had enough of celebrity scandals and decided to get rid of the special PR unit for celebrity soldiers.
- Baek Ji Young is a good mentor and came back to the social networking world to support new singer Yoo Seung Eun. She will also be making a comeback in September.
- JYJ‘s Junsu and Jaejoong have plans to enter military service soon. It’s inevitable but still so sad. Two years can feel like forever.
- Hugh Jackman was in Korea promoting “The Wolverine.” He charmed Koreans on the red carpet and on “Star King.“ Soompi had an exclusive interview with actor Brian Tee who plays an antagonist in the movie so don’t forget to check that out.
- Are idols allowed to have bad days? Hyorin thinks so. What do you think?
Are you voting for the Seoul International Drama Awards? You better! It’s halfway done!
Next…it’s a battle of the boy groups.
*This is a self promotion
Music video of the week goes to Kim Hyun Joong‘s “Unbreakable” featuring Jay Park for being one of the most aesthetically beautiful K-pop music videos in awhile.
Also in music…
- Fly to the Sky is the old school spotlight of the week. “Every day, every night, I’ll be missing yoooouuu ooohhhwwooooaaah”
- Who is going to KCON? 2AM, EXO, Teen Top, and f(x) will be there!
In drama news…
- Good news! “I Hear Your Voice” has been extended by two more episodes! More Lee Jong Suk for everyone!
- Another cutie has been added to the “Heirs” impressive cast list. Lee Min Ho, Park Shin Hye, Krystal, and Kim Woo Bin can welcome CNBLUE‘s Kang Min Hyuk.
- Other casting news: Kim Yoo Jung has been confirmed for “Golden Rainbow.”
- Kahi and Lee Wan will make a hot couple for an SNS drama.
- Han Kyung will be in the next Transformers movie. Don’t forget to read the comments to get some background.
In variety news…
- Jo Jung Chi is a beautiful bride in “We Got Married.” Go Joon Hee and So Na Eun look pretty too. You are reading the Soompi WGM recaps, right? RIGHT?!
- Lee Hong Ki and Fujii Mina have their last date as a couple on “We Got Married Global Edition.”
- Did Sulli say some bad words in Chinese on “Running Man?”
Next…The fashion magazines love G-Dragon and for good reason.
- G-Dragon always takes his fashion photo shoots to the next level, so it’s no wonder Vogue has several covers for their anniversary issue.
- When is Suzy not beautiful? Looking at her Bazaar photos, no wonder she is one of Korea’s favorite female celebrities.
- Lee Byung Hun got close with Hollywood actress Catherine Zeta-Jones for Elle.
- What Hogwarts house do you think Taeyeon would have been sorted in?
- Check out the best K-pop Instagram photos of the week!
- Lee Min Ho as a hot surfer? Yes, please!